Thursday, May 31, 2012

Yesterday's Publix, CVS and Target trips...

Good Afternoon FFH's!

I had a pretty good day out in the stores yesterday getting free stuff.  I went earlier in the day to Publix to grab a few deals before the new ad started today.  I also ran to CVS with my daughter before church and we hit Target on the way home from church.



To start with I went to Publix.  I used the coupon I mentioned getting in the mail the other day from Oscar Mayer for up to a $9 value!  I searched and could not find anything close to $9...even bacon!  So I opted to use it on the Beef hot dogs that were on sale BOGO (buy one get one free).  By doing this I was able to get two packs of hot dogs for FREE that had a retail value of over $10!  (only one pack is pictured because we ate the other pack for dinner last night lol!).

I also had a free coupon from International Delights FB page.  I've been carrying it around since I got it, but was never able to find the product.  Finally a friend told me in our Publix they kept it hidden by the iced tea and lemonade next to the deli, instead of in the dairy case by the coffee creamers where you'd expect to find it.

I got the Belvita Biscuits for free using a coupon for a free box when you buy Gevalia coffee.  The coffee was on sale at Publix for $6.99.  I happen to have a $1 off Gevalia MQ and a Target Gevalia for $1.75.  Since I now switched to K-cups, I was able to get the Gevalia coffee for my neighbor who loves it at a great price, plus get my Belvita's free!


Finally  I was most excited about the 3 free Starbuck's Refresher's.  My coupons for a free one had expired 5/19.  When I first got them I went in to Publix and couldn't find them.  I grabbed the manager to help me find them and he couldn't either.  So yesterday I found the same manager and said, "do you remember a few weeks back helping me try to find the refresher's"?  And he did, and I told him well, now you have them and the coupons have expired.  Without hesitation he said no problem and signed off on my coupons so...3 free refreshers!


Next stop was CVS.  I picked up another Colgate 360 toothbrush free when the Red Coupon Machine spit me out a $1 off any toothbrush making it free after ECB's.  I also got an unadvertised deal on Crest Complete toothpaste that I found out about from someone on a FB page I follow (thanks Joanne!).  The 2.7 oz. size was included in the $3 ECB when you buy one deal, but wasn't marked on the shelf (may be a computer glitch...not sure).  But it cost around $2.79 (depending on your CVS), and you get $3 ECB back making it a .21 MM (money maker).  So I did it twice (it was limit 2 ECB deals per card).

Last stop of the night was Target.  I had a few of the $10 Food Saver Coupons from the 5/13 SS (Smart Source coupon insert in the newspaper).  The FreshSaver 2 count containers that work with the hand held Food Saver device are $9.99 at Target, making them free with the coupon.  Yes I know the coupon says Food Saver "appliance", but I guess these are considered an appliance because I heard it worked for these...and sure enough it does!  I got one set the other night, and two more last night.  I have one more coupon left if they get any more in before it expires.  You can also use it to get a hand held Food Saver if you missed it last time for $9.99 at Walmart or Target (I think they are about $19.99).

I also picked up some Tena liners (they are for incontinence but you can use them like regular panty liners too).  I had gotten a $7 off coupon for ANY Tena product mailed to me from a coupon offer I filled out online awhile ago.  The liners were $5 and change, so with the coupon they were free.  Now Target doesn't allow overages on coupons, so they adjusted it down.  I guess if I were smart I would have taken my coupon to Walmart where I could have used the almost $2 overage...but I didn't have to go to Walmart, and didn't want to make a special trip just for that.  I also picked up a free dental floss (.97 with $1 coupon).

Well, that's it for my shopping excursions yesterday.  I'm pretty happy with my free stuff!  I hope you are getting these deals too!!!  I'd love to hear about what you get for free.  Please share in the comments section so we can all share in the excitement!

Barb  

No comments:

Post a Comment