Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Lotion and Tostitos and Baron...OH MY!

Good Evening FFH's!


Well, today I have 3 types of freebies I received:


1)  The freebies I got via stacking coupons with sales at Publix or just using free item coupons.


2)  The free samples that came in my mailbox today.


3)  The email surprise freebie I got notified about today.


Let's start with my Publix trip.  I got some really great deals today.  I saved over $122 and only paid $50 and change oop (out of pocket).  But I will only share the things I got free in keeping with my blog theme.

 I had a coupon for a free Red Baron brand item (which I mentioned in a previous post) that my daughter won by entering a code off a previous box.  I had so many frozen pizzas from other deals and when Publix recently had their organic pizza on sale (we love the Greenwise Spinach Feta and Veggie pizzas!) that I had no more room until now.  

I had the free Frito Lay coupon from the call to the company about the watery salsa (also in a previous post) so I tried to get as close to full value as I could.  It said up to $4.29 and the Tostitos Naturals Blue Corn chips were $3.99.  

The two Hallmark Cards were free because I purchased three cards (I didn't show the one I paid for), and used a Buy one Hallmark item get one free (from tear pad of coupons in card dept.) Publix store coupon.  I also had a buy 3 Hallmark Cards get 1 free coupon from Redbook Mag. (my mom subscribes).  So since one was Publilx and one Manufacturer (MQ) I could use both which meant I only paid for one of the 3!  So Father's day cards for me and the kids...CHECK!

Finally the Nutrogena Naturals Face bar was not only FREE...but FREE+.  I wasn't sure it would work with the coupon...but the coupon just said face cleanser...well...soap, for face, cleanses...see where I'm going here lol!  I had a MQ for $3.50 off from the Smart Source newspaper insert from 4/15/12.  Then I had a Target coupon from the Target coupon booklet I got in my free makeup bag sampler a couple of weeks ago.  Combine it gave me a MM (money maker) of .27 and that's after tax!

Not pictured, I also had a free coupon from my Coke rewards points for a free Dasani 20oz. water which I picked up at check out.

Now for my mailbox goodies!  Nothing amazing...actually I have gotten both these samples before.  Usually they only allow one per household, but sometimes different sources offer the same sample.  So somehow I got another Metamucil sample and another Gevalia sample (plus coupons!).


Finally I got a surprise in my email box when I got home from church tonight.  It was a confirmation email from the people at Vaseline telling me I was one of the first 1000 entries last night for their product giveaway!  I was shocked because I never win those things with my slow computer!!!  So I will be receiving a full size tube of one of the varieties below...FREE!

  
Red Baron Pizza...FREE!
Dasani 20oz. water...FREE!
Tostitos Naturals Blue Chips...FREE!
Nutrogena cleansing bar...FREE!
2 Hallmark cards...FREE!
Gevalia coffee sample...FREE!
Metamucil sample...FREE!
Soon to arrive...Vaseline total moisture lotion...FREE!

So I have to say this has been an awesome freebie day!  Hope yours was too.

Barb 

  

1 comment: