Saturday, May 5, 2012

FREE, FUN and FRAZZLED!

And how are all you Freebie Hunters doing tonight?

Yes, I know it's almost midnight and I'm just checking in now.  Well, it's been that kind of day.  Not bad by any means...just the kind of day that seems to slip through your fingers before you realize it.  It isn't until you finally sit down in your comfy living room chair and reflect back on the day that you realize how great it was!  But enough of my chatter...let's get to the good stuff!


I went to CVS today.  I didn't do a huge shop like I normally do because I actually had a few non-coupon items I really needed, so I wanted to use my ECB's (Extra Care Bucks...CVS money), on those items so they didn't cost me as much.

I won't go into my whole purchase, but I will say I got over $136 worth of stuff for $49 and change.  And like I said 5 of the items were needed and would have been well over $49 alone not to mention the other things I got, so although that's way, way more then I usually spend at CVS, I still got great deals.

Now to the FREE stuff:


 I was able to snag 2 tubes of Colgate toothpaste for free.  They were $2.99 and there was a $2.49 ECB deal (meaning after the purchase at the end of your receipt is an Extra Care Buck (ECB) for $2.49 that can be spent like cash at CVS (except for a few items like tobacco or gift cards).  I also had a coupon that was in the 4/29 coupon insert for .50 off Colgate toothpaste.  So $2.99-$2.49-.50 = Free toothpaste!
The deal was limit 2 per CVS card, so I got 2.


I also got a One Touch mini blood glucose meter.  They were on sale for $10, plus I had a $10 off coupon from Sunday's coupon insert, making them FREE. (There is also a printable coupon online at coupons.com if you didn't get the Sunday paper).

I don't personally have diabetes, but I may go tomorrow and get a couple more and donate them.

The patterned round containers in the photo are really neat "Roll" holders designed by Jonathan Alder for Cottonelle.  They come with a roll of Cottonelle toilet paper and two .25 off coupons for wipes and toilet paper.

They are supposed to be ringing up at $1.99 and you get $1.99 ECB making them FREE.  But there was a glitch I found after I got home and checked my receipt and they rang up at $2.19 so I need to take my receipt back next time I'm near CVS and get it corrected.  But for now let's say they were FREE!  They can be used as an extra roll holder, or be creative and use them to hold pens, hair accessories, craft supplies, etc.  It said limit 1, but I've seen on many sites online it was limit 4 if you do each transaction separately...so the cashier said let's give it a try, and it worked.  So I got 4.

2 Colgate Max White toothpaste...FREE!
One Touch Mini blood glucose meter...FREE!
4 Roll Holders...FREE!

Finally the last freebie of the night wasn't for me personally, but I'll share it anyway...

My church's teen group had an activity tonight (Wii Bowling and Build your own ice cream Sunday). It was so much fun!  We have a great group of kids.  (and adults for that matter).

Brendy's of Wellington Ice Cream & Frozen Yogurt was nice enough to donate 20 servings of Ice Cream and 2 containers of toppings...FREE!  If you live in the Wellington area and want some really good ice cream give them a try. 

Thank you Brendy's!  We had a great time and your Ice Cream was awesome!!!  

Well, that wraps up the night...my mailbox was pretty empty today, so maybe tomorrow it will be jammed full of freebies!  One can only dream...

Nite Freebie Hunters!

Barb 

No comments:

Post a Comment