Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day luncheon, MM's and Money!

Good Evening FFH's!

Yes, I know, here on the east coast it's technically tomorrow...but let's pretend it's still today for a minute because I have lots to tell  you!

Today was awesome!  I started by joining my Mom and Daughter (among other good friends) to my church's Mother's Day luncheon.

Next my daughter and I hit CVS and Walgreen's for some last minute deals before the new weeks deals start tomorrow.

And then...the best part...but I'll leave that for last.


First let's start with the mailbox...again, slow day today as samples go, but I did get a surprise!  A couple of weeks ago I emailed CVS Customer Service about never being able to find the CVS exclusive magazine "Reinventing beauty".  I could care less about the magazine, but I wanted the valuable coupons it contains!  The district manager called me and said he'd try and track one down for me and see about stocking them at my local store.  Very nice!  So I scored a .99 magazine loaded with coupons for FREE!

While I'm on the CVS topic, let's move on to the CVS "Tranquil" Body Wash.  I received this with a coupon emailed to me by CVS Minute-Clinic's new Facebook page.  (They just posted they are no longer available...sorry, hope you saw it when I posted it earlier this week).  The body wash rang up at $2.37...but the coupon took off $3 for some reason!  So They paid me .63 and gave me a FREE body wash!  So FREE+ lol!  That's what they call a MM (Money Maker) in couponing language.

On to Walgreen's.  Earlier in the week I purchased a Scrubbing Bubbles One Step automatic toilet bowl cleaning kit (which comes with the starter kit, plus a refill).  It's been on sale this week (ends today) for $6.99 with a $2RR.  I had a $3 off MQ also which made it $1.99 (the refill alone is more!).  I figured for that much  I'd give it a try.  (Side note:  I am not what you'd call a good housekeeper.  I'm what you'd call a...slob!).  So anything that can make housecleaning easier...I'm in!  I've been using this all week in my kids bathroom...and it's really great!  That's why I decided to pick up one for my bathroom while the sale was still on.  

Today, however, I got them...you guessed it, FREE, or I wouldn't be posting them.  I happened to have $10 in RR from earlier purchases that gave back RR's.  So I was able to pay with them.  I did have to buy a few filler items, because Walgreen's is funny that way.  You have to have an item per coupon, and since they count RR's as coupons I needed what we refer to as "filler" items (cheap items to fill in so you can use an extra coupon or RR).  To my delight and surprise they had little mini bags of Lindt Truffles marked down in clearance to .64!  (love them!).  I also picked up another Glad Scent & Spray automatic air freshener which I got earlier in the week for $1.99 after coupon and RR.  But today...FREE!  And they even had the stone look model with the lavender vanilla scent they'd been out of earlier in the week...yeah!

And now for my ultimate FREE thing today!  You are not going to believe this! While I was in Walgreen's, I found some FREE cash just laying on the floor!

Now before you think I'm an awful person, I gave the manager my name and phone number, and told her if anyone came in saying they lost money, to have them call me.  So I'm going to give it a day or two...and then if I don't hear from anyone...HAPPY DANCE...FREE MONEY!

You see...I think God is giving me a Mother's Day gift!  Not that my children are not gift enough...but this would be icing on the cake!

So I pray this money was not lost by someone that loosing it would cause a hardship to...but rather a rich person who won't even miss it!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all you fellow freebie hunting mom's out there.  I hope you have a relaxing blessed day tomorrow!

Barb
 

No comments:

Post a Comment