Friday, June 1, 2012

Fun with Friends and Free stuff...does it get any better?

Well hello FFH's!

I have been having so much fun the past few days with couponing.  I was able to drag...I mean join my friend Sally on a CVS run the other day.  Last night my friend Jan (willingly lol) joined me for an Old Navy and CVS trip.  It's so much more fun if you can coupon and freebie hunt with a friend!

Last night Jan and I had a blast.  We started out at Old Navy.  We used our $5 coupons from the Snap Appy and my new favorite app the Wrapp app.  I got a new Old Navy T and a shark/pig bank for my daughter...yes I know she's 15, but she likes pigs and sharks!  Jan got a couple of freebies with her $5 coupons on her phone also.  Can't beat free! 

I also picked up 4 boxes of cereal at CVS.  Not an awesome deal, but I had ECB's, so it wasn't anything out of my pocket, so I consider that free.  The Froot Loops and Apple Jacks were on sale for $1.77 each.  I had a 2 $1/2 Froot Loops coupons, but they only had 2 boxes of them left.  They were nice enough to take the coupon on the Apple Jacks, so I got 2 of those also.  Actually it worked out better getting both varieties.





Today I was helping out a friend and it helped me!  I went on an unplanned Publix trip to pick up soup and a few things for a sick friend of mine.  I had my coupons with me of course, and stumbled on a few great deals along with a few I knew about!  One ended up being 3 packs of Kotex naturals panty liners, not only for free, but a MM (money maker!).  They were $1.49 and I had 2 $1/1 SQ's (store coupons), from the Publix Green Advantage flyer.  Plus I had a printable $2/2 MQ (manufacturers coupon) from coupons.com.  I wasn't prepared and only had one $2/2 coupon, so the 3 cost me $4.47 less the 3 SQ's and 1 $2/2 so it was a .53 MM!  I also picked up a 4 single serving size Silk drinks.  They are on sale $10/10 and I had 2 printable coupons for $2/2 making them all free!



I then dropped her stuff off and did a Target run.  I was able to use my last $10 food saver coupon and score another 2 pack of containers to go with my Hand Held Food Saver.  I got some other good deals at Target, but that was the only free item.


 
 Old Navy Flag T...FREE!
Pig/Shark bank...FREE!
4 Boxes cereal...FREE (since I used ECB to pay)!
Food Saver containers...FREE!
3 - Kotex panty liners...FREE!
4 - Silk single serve drinks...FREE!

I had planned a deal at the Family Dollar, but stopped at two that didn't have the items so that was a bomb.  But all in all, a good day of freebies!  Hope yours was too!

Barb 

2 comments: