Monday, June 4, 2012

My cup runneth over!!!

Hi FFH's,

Can you believe it...two posts in one day!

I just couldn't wait until tomorrow to share everything I got free today.  I'm so excited to share it with you.

Let's start with the mail:


I got a sample from Seattle's Best coffee.  Plus a nice coupon!  I'm looking forward to trying this one.  They have a new number system for their coffees and I love light roast coffee so I picked #1.  Right now my favorite coffee is Starbucks Blonde Roast "Veranda" Blend.  I just got some in K-Cups too!  I guess I will have to use this sample in my re-usable k-cup to try it.

I also got my coupon for any Nabisco Product up to $4.69 from calling about the Belvita Biscuits.  (Side note...call your companies!  Report any problems with products, make comments, suggest changes, more times then not they will send you coupons.  If they don't offer...ASK!).

Finally I got a sample 2 pack of Finish dishwasher tabs.  I also got a .75 coupon (actually I got two of these samples because my sister-in-law sent me hers!  (Thanks Sharon!).


This is my new LesserEvil Snacks T-shirt I won from their Facebook page.  They are an awesome company, and run contests and giveaways almost daily.  I've won lots of free snacks and just won my second shirt!  Check out their page and try their products.  They are REALLY good, and they have good natural ingredients!  My favorite are the Cheddar Cheese Krinkle Sticks.  They leave that great cheese coating on your finger tips after you eat them that you get to lick off!!!  Yum!



Now for the big haul!!!  I went to Wal-Mart tonight after hearing online that Sally Hansen had a $1 coupon on coupons.com.  Wal-Mart has several items for .97 like nail files, foot files and separators for pedicures.  The coupon makes them free.  I had 5 coupons.  (2 from my phone, 2 from my ipad and 1 from my daughter's computer that decided to be temperamental and not print the 2nd one.  Usually you can print 2 per computer).

I also decided to try and use all the $2/2 Kotex Naturals coupons I printed for the Publix sale that ended before they got more in stock.  I didn't want them to expire, so I was hoping they had some...and boy did they!  They were .94 a box.  They had two types that were that price...and I didn't clean them totally out.  They still had more on the shelf.  I had 8 coupons because I did 2 per computer, plus there were several sites that had this coupon.  So I was able to buy 16...all for free!  (By the way, I counted all the liners on my shelf so far and if I use one a day...I have enough for at least a year!).  You may say why do I need so many?  I look at it this way.  Unless I get a free deal on liners, I will almost never have to pay for them again (at least for a very long time).  This is the way to look at most things.  You may not get them free...but if you stock up when they are free or very cheap, you will never have to buy that item at a high price again.  Besides free things...as a rule, buy enough for you and your family to last about 12 weeks.  That's about the time that it will come around on sale again.  If it's free, buy as many as coupons, space and supply allow.

Now I'm not going to say this was easy...the cashier wasn't up on overages I guess and couldn't get that I got these free.  So he called a manager who had to re-ring my whole order again.  (I had also bought a few other things to absorb the few cent overages, but she forgot a $1 coupon...wasn't worth the hassle of having her re-ring AGAIN, so I let it go.  I figured I couldn't complain!).  If you're going to coupon, you're going to have to get used to educating cashiers and even managers.  We actually know their coupon policy better then they do in some cases!

I also stopped at Publix on the way home.  My wonderful friend and neighbor Sally printed me 4 more of the Nature's Made vitamin $2 off coupons to use.  I bought the 4 bottles at $3.99 and also picked up a chocolate Jif to go pack (which I had a .50 off coupon for), that Steph wanted to try.  By the way...don't buy it.  Nobody liked it...very artificial tasting.  Stick to Nutella!!!  Anyway, I ended up getting back $1.65!  So that made up for the $1 mess up at Walmart and all is right with my freebie world again lol. 

Here's the re-cap:

Coupon for Nabisco item...FREE!
Coffee sample...FREE!
Finish dishwasher sample...FREE!
LesserEvil shirt...FREE!
4 bottles Nature's Made vitamins...FREE!
5 Sally Hansen nail tools...FREE!
16 Kotex Naturals liners...FREE!
Jif Chocolate dip...FREE!

Whew!  That's it.  I'm tired.  

Nite,

Barb 

No comments:

Post a Comment